    long periods of non-use, and what can be done to prevent it?

    Thanks,

    Dave

    Dave Hardenbrook, Nov 30, 2007

  2. Well, that's the thing -- This is my most "long distance" client who
    lives in a hut in a tropical third-world country where there's no
    central heating or A/C and humidity is a major issue. (Sorry -- I
    should have mentioned that in my initial post.)

    Dave

    Dave Hardenbrook, Nov 30, 2007

  3. Dave Hardenbrook

    JohnO Guest

    If you can get the PC to an air conditioned space, let it sit for a day or
    two. Pack it in a tightly sealed plastic bag but toss a handful of new or
    recharged dessicant packets in first. Then store it wherever. Otherwise,
    there probably is no good answer.

    -John O

    JohnO, Dec 1, 2007
  4. Dave Hardenbrook

    Jonathan Guest

    I was thinking that if you could run a de-humidifier in the room. That
    might help. Humidity is the issue. But, John O has a good idea to.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan, Dec 2, 2007