    perhaps there was an adjustment I could make manually or in software to
    compensate for this distortion.

    TIA

    Eric B., Apr 18, 2005

  2. Paint Shop Pro (and many others) will fix the barrel distortion you are
    describing.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Eric B.

    Don Stauffer Guest

    If the shot is anything on the wide angle side of normal focal length,
    this is quite common, and called barrel distortion. It is very hard to
    make a wide angle lens with no barrel distortion. It is doubly hard to
    make a zoom lens that doesn't have barrel at shorter focal lengths.
    Think about it- at a 180 degree field of view, you have light coming
    into lens (or trying to) directly from the side.

    The good news is that many editing programs, such as PSP or Photoshop,
    have correction filters for reasonable amounts of barrel distortion.

    Don Stauffer, Apr 25, 2005