    person cannot use his/her own words talking a technology, he/she has
    not mastered the technology yet.

    Thanks Mike and Ryan again, and everyone else.

    April, Jun 28, 2006

  2. April

    BernieM Guest

    Just because someone isn't good at dumbing down techno speak in order to get
    the message across to a child (you did say 4th grader) that has no bearing
    on their understanding or 'mastering' of the topic. It's quite ignorant of
    you to think it does.

    Not everyone can teach .... and not everyone has the intellect to learn.

    BernieM

    BernieM, Jun 28, 2006

  3. April

    BernieM Guest

    I hope that you don't consider yourself having 'mastered' Multicast because
    you now have a 4th graders understanding of the technology.

    BernieM

    BernieM, Jun 28, 2006
  4. April

    April Guest

    Bernie, you are overreacting .. I just made some general comments, and
    most are what I want myself to do and to be able to when I learn new
    things.

    As to the 4th grader thing, don't take it literally .. ;-)

    April, Jun 28, 2006
  5. April

    BernieM Guest

    Yes I see how I took you words out of context, sorry about that. When you
    said "if a person cannot use his/her own words talking a technology, he/she
    has not mastered the technology yet." You were applying that to yourself
    (and others). When someone is able to 'talk comfortably' about a subject it
    shows they have a good understand of it.

    I was put off by some of your comments though. They seemed to show little
    respect to those trying to help ... eg.

    To Barry Margolin ...
    "... I guess you really don't know the technology really well ..."

    To Erik Freitag ...
    "you are not helping .. don't bother"

    To "J" ...
    "If you don't know or cannot understand, you don't have to say anything
    ...there are people can relate and try to help."

    I'm prone to suggest ... if you can't understand someone's answer then admit
    that and either reconsider what you're asking or how you're asking it ...
    otherwise
    take your own advice .... and say nothing ;-)

    BernieM

    BernieM, Jun 29, 2006
  6. April

    April Guest

    Come on Bernie, you are funny.

    Once again, you are taking my replies out of context without showing
    what the replies relied to. For what I replied to, there was no
    info/meat at all, so there is nothing I did not understand (I do have
    enough background to understand networking, but just need to connect
    the missing dots for this particular issue). In those posts, just
    someings like we are the pros, you are the rookie, come back in 20
    years..who needs that?! ;-)

    I put different questions in here, specific and general, hoping that
    more people can help, like some one can answer one or two specific
    ones, and provide ref on the general (like you did). It turned out
    that there are people knew exactly what I meant, and provided excellent
    explanations.

    We call ourselves pros, but most time we are only helping someone else
    to have dreams come true, the so called technical or business
    "visions", and make big moneys, so be poud of oneself for what one does
    just to certain degree, but not get into too much of it ...

    April, Jun 29, 2006