    cources. Other than the price difference of about 3 grand
    is there any down falls to just having the MCSA. Any
    thoughts would be appreciated.

    Chuck D, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Chuck D

    Consultant Guest

    the mcsa is geared more towards those who only administer networks, where
    the mcse is for those who design and implement.

    Consultant, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Chuck D

    Diana Myers Guest

    Chuck,

    I guess it depends on what you plan to do with your certification. Also, if
    you go for the MCSA those test count toward the MCSE. Which means you can
    study and take the rest of the test some time in the future becoming MCSE
    certified.

    Diana

    Diana Myers, Aug 14, 2003
  4. Chuck D

    Diana Myers Guest

    I guess I'm trying to figure out why it's going to cost you 9 grand to
    become certified? Just get the books, setup your own network, ask help from
    those of us with experience, study, learn and take the test.

    Diana

    Diana Myers, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Chuck D

    Linda Guest

    Hello Uncertain. Just saw your note and thought I would
    give you my thoughts. In June of this year I completed 4
    classes and 4 tests (210-215-216-218) to get my MCSA. Now
    that is nearly all the tests you need for the MCSE. I
    have decided that I now have the MCSA and I believe I can
    take the 217 and 219 without spending money for classes.
    I am going to try to do them on my own. That should
    reduce the cost to me. When I am done then I will have
    both certs. I am also going to try to work in the
    database classes for that cert as well.

    Good luck on making your decision and your tests.

    Linda, Aug 15, 2003