    colored crowd? Or maybe the D3 will be shortlived, and the D4 will
    have ~20MP, smaller photosites and therefore poorer noise performance
    at high ISO?

    Ali, Feb 9, 2008

  2. Ali

    John Navas Guest

    My guess(tm): hammer into the cream colored crowd.

    John Navas, Feb 9, 2008

  3. Ali

    RichA Guest

    Well, they used to sell a 300mm f2.0 that cost about $30k. So it's
    not new for that one. A 200mm f1.8 is to compete against Canon's
    200mm f2.0. The 500mm? Just to say they can do it.

    RichA, Feb 9, 2008
  4. Ali

    Ali Guest

    Just so you know, this wasn't posted by me.

    Ali, Feb 9, 2008
  5. Ali

    Robert Brace Guest

    I'm sure! These lenses in a AF-D spec with VR?
    Current specs would call for an AF-S rating and at least a second generation
    VR spec.
    Sounds like BS higher & deeper to me.
    And, of course, the page has disappeared. Surprise, surprise!!
    Bob

    Robert Brace, Feb 9, 2008
  6. Not to worry; didn't believe it anyhow.

    But I love it when folks talk macho, such as " __________ killer" "kick
    some [Nikon, Canon] ass"; and now "hammer into"....

    lsmft

    John McWilliams, Feb 9, 2008
  7. Ali

    C J Campbell Guest

    Well, dang. It looked like such an interesting post, too.

    C J Campbell, Feb 9, 2008
  8. ["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]
    Here, I had an URL to the Canon site where they announced:
    - 20mm f/1.2
    - 30mm f/1.0
    - 50mm f/0.7
    - 200mm f/1.0 IS
    - 300mm f/1.1 IS
    - 400mm f/1.2 IS and f/2.0 IS
    - 600mm f/1.8 IS
    - 2500mm f/2.5 IS Macro

    Prices were steep, about $300 for the 500mm and $750 for the
    2500mm, but matching with the 6D (40MPix, 8fps, $1200).

    Unfortunately, the URL seems dead now ...
    Anyone else having the same delirium?

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Feb 10, 2008