    domain at all.

    please sugest what to do...?

    Bhuwan

    Unable to view my laptop on network, Sep 21, 2009

  2. Unable to view my laptop on network <Unable to view my laptop on
    Make sure you have file & print sharing enabled on your laptop. Reboot all
    the workstations and see whether it starts showing up.
    Note that you don't need NetBIOS browsing to work just to share data. And 15
    computers is a bit large for a functional workgroup if you ask me.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Sep 21, 2009

  3. If I remember right, a workgroup is limited to 10 pc's. You need a domain to see more than that.

    message | Unable to view my laptop on network <Unable to view my laptop on

    Richard in AZ, Sep 21, 2009
  4. Unable to view my laptop on network

    Lem Guest

    <snip>

    Not quite. What you probably are thinking of is that XP Pro is limited
    to 10 simultaneous inbound connections (for XP Home, the limit is 5). A
    "connection" is not the same as a computer. A single computer may
    initiate several connections. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314882

    Lem, Sep 21, 2009
  5. Hi
    As Lem indicated Workgroup devices are good up to 10 connections.
    That means that many times even when there is 10 computers some would not
    function on the Network.
    Once you are venturing into 15 computers it is time to change to a real
    server.
    Next step probably should be along the line of Windows SBS.
    http://www.microsoft.com/sbs/en/us/default.aspx
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Sep 22, 2009
  6. They would still be visible on the network, tho. The 10-connection limit is
    about that: connecting. Not browsing. ;-)

    I'd say it's time long before then, but that's my opinion and everyone's
    welcome to it. ;-)

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Sep 24, 2009