Unable to transfer files on Wireless Network

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by chirangeevik, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. chirangeevik

    chirangeevik Guest

    Hi,

    I have successfully connected to laptops through Wireless network (ad
    hoc network).
    on one laptop I have entered the TCP/IP Settings and given the IP
    Adress and Checked the box all computers to connect to the internet. In
    the Advanced tap I have enabled all the services DHCP, DNS, FTP
    etc..... and setup a home network.
    Given Ip address(192.168.0.1, Subnet: 255.255.255.0, Gateway:
    192.168.0.1)

    On the other laptop I renewed the ip address(i.e <cmd> ipconfig/renew)
    and the wireless network generated the Ip address automatically.
    (Ip address: 192.168.0.39 Subnet: 255.255.255.0, Gateway:192.168.0.1).

    After setting up when i go to "View Workgroup computers" it gives me
    error "MShome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use".
    When I change the Ip address it works fine.

    I have turned of firewall on both laptops.

    I know that Iam doing something wrong. Can any help me in details how
    to setup file transfer between to wireless laptops on ad hoc network.

    Thank you for your help.
    Chiranjeevi

    chirangeevik, Nov 22, 2006

  2. chirangeevik

    Chris H. Guest

    By "turned off the firewall" are you talking about Windows Firewall? It
    should automatically be recognizing the connection. If you're running
    anything Norton (Symantec), McAfee anti virus or a third-party program like
    Zone Alarm, that's probably what is blocking the connection. Make sure both
    systems are on the same Workgroup, even perhaps changing both to something
    like jeeviNet so you know for sure.

    Chris H., Nov 22, 2006

  3. chirangeevik

    chirangeevik Guest

    Hello Chirs,
    Iam know able to share the network on all the laptops.
    but Iam unable to connect to internet. Iam able to ping the gateway and
    DNS server.
    I have created a connection using following steps.
    Internet Options, Connections, Setup, Connect to Internet, Connect
    manually, Internet Connection allways on so......on.

    The connection is created and connected and the packets are sent and
    received.

    I don't what else to do.

    Thank you
    Chiranjeevi

    chirangeevik, Nov 27, 2006
  4. chirangeevik

    Chris H. Guest

    What router are you using? If it is supplied by your Internet Service
    Provider, I would contact them. It sounds as if one of the settings is not
    correct.

    Chris H., Nov 27, 2006
  5. chirangeevik

    chirangeevik Guest

    Hello Chris,

    Thank you for your reply.

    I have a broadband connection. With ADSL2 modem.

    I have connected other laptops through ad hoc computer-computer
    network.

    I have connected total three laptops and all of them working fine on
    wireless network.

    Now I want to share Internet. I haven been successfully in connecting
    one laptop and able to share the Internet. It is problem with other
    one.

    Iam able to connect the laptop share the network, but unable to browse.

    Then, I have taken the broadband connection connected laptop which is
    not working.

    There Iam able to connect to the net, on creating a WAN miniport PPPoE
    connection.
    Then I went to adsl2 modem setting and the PPPoE settings there It self
    and tried to connect directly through LAN. This does not work.

    There might be a problem with direct connection which Iam unable to
    solve. The problem Laptop is Acer Aspire 1300 series. One more thing is
    that It does not have 1394 Network adapter.

    I hope you got my point.

    Thank you for your help

    Chiranjeevi

    chirangeevik, Nov 28, 2006