Unable to see Posts

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mcploppy ©, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. Mcploppy ©

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Hi all

    I cannot see a post that I have sent, other people can see it and have
    replied to it.

    The only way I can see the post is to do an edit > find and use the subject
    as the search, it pulls back the message and the thread. If I put a watch on
    the message, the folder goes but I still cant see the Posts.

    I have two News accounts set up news.btopenworld and news.individual.net.

    I have:
    Carried out a repair
    Removed all accounts.
    Reset all lists
    Checked that "All messages" is selected in views
    I have no rules/Killfiles set

    Outlook Express Winxp, All patches etc loaded

    Any ideas ?

    Mcploppy ©, Jul 19, 2003

  2. Mcploppy ©

    Mcploppy © Guest

    P.S I can see this one though

    Mcploppy ©, Jul 19, 2003

  3. Mcploppy ©

    Michael Guest

    Outlook Express is a very broken newsreader and has not worked properly
    *ever*.

    It's possible that your particular problem will be solved by the following:

    ----------
    SYMPTOMS
    After you post a newsgroup message using Outlook Express, you may not be
    able to see your posting on the news server.

    CAUSE
    This behavior can occur if you have enabled the Group Messages by
    Conversation option and there is another message with the same subject as
    your message on the server.

    RESOLUTION
    To see your message, click Current View on the View menu, and click to clear
    the Group Messages by Conversation check box. Or, browse through the
    hierarchy of messages with the same subject line as your original message to
    find your message.
    -------------

    However, this might also be due to one of several long-known faults caused
    by the improper way it accesses large "server-farm" NNTP services, and it's
    possible there is nothing you can do to correct it.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=oe&as_epq=can't see my posts
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q="outlook+express"+"can't+see+my+posts"

    If you can't fix it, complain.

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 19, 2003
  4. Mcploppy ©

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Mcploppy © bashed at the keyboard and said..:
    After lots of checking of "Watch" Selecting different views.... etc etc I
    now see the original post..... and all its thread.....

    Thanks :)

    Mcploppy ©, Jul 19, 2003
  5. Mcploppy ©

    Patrick Guest

    I had a similar experience yesterday/today whereby I could only find the
    thread by selecting 'Hide read messages', I marked it 'watched' but when
    changed back to 'Show all' I couldn't find it for the life of me, (sure I
    checked about five times).
    Sorry can't help much, though selecting 'Hide read messages' might help you.

    Patrick, Jul 19, 2003
  6. thread path:reader4.news.rcn.rcn.net!feed1.
    & when i go to view /read post i get a blank message, i did all of the
    same thing you did to , so some one please be nice & help me.

    dawn lienhard, Jul 19, 2003
  7. Mcploppy ©

    Mcploppy © Guest

    trout bashed at the keyboard and said..:
    Yep worked that one out.... Thanks.....
    The test message was a pur accident, I had just signed up to
    News.Individual.Net... and it was the first post I sent... Hope nobody has
    done a wee message to [email protected]
    :)

    Mcploppy ©, Jul 19, 2003
  8. Mcploppy ©

    Michael Guest

    <snort> I wouldn't know... Island Internet is several hundred miles from
    here. :)

    (I'm on the Queen Charlotte Islands, 450 miles from their location in
    Nanaimo.)

    I do personally know the operators of their local server here, and they're
    neither dope-smokers or hippies.

    Moot anyhow: island.net doesn't do news... that's up to newsguy.com, whose
    peering arrangements may not be at all the same as those of your NNTP
    provider. :)

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 19, 2003