    Any advice on how I can restore my network to what i had originally would be
    appreciated.

    Thanks

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005

  2. Hi

    Getting "Rid" of some software might "mess up" the Network settings.

    It is hard to guess where.

    In General, you can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following
    these steps.
    Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
    Make sure that the drivers are installed correctly; there is No IRQ
    conflict, and No Ghost installation. http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
    Step Two Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify
    If the above two Steps indicates that every thing looks good but
    functionally it does not work.
    Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
    or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
    If need to Reinstall; Log to this page it have a lot of links to
    instructions for Windows Network Installation -
    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 22, 2005