Unable to record a web radio via Audacity

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kompu Kid, Aug 19, 2007.

  1. Kompu Kid

    Kompu Kid Guest

    Hello all:

    I am trying to record one of my favorite webradio (via Live265)
    programs using Audacity on my Dell Latitude d620.

    It initially worked. Then I tried to turn off the signal coming from
    the external microphone.

    Now I cannot get Audacity to record anything from the webradio.

    I looked at the settings of the audacity. It has the following input
    source selection:

    - Line in
    - Internal Mic
    - External Mic

    These match what I see on the computer's sound "Record" settings.

    On my desktop, using Nero, I see "Wave" as an additional choice. This
    choice enables me to record the web radio only.

    How do I get the Latitude D620 to record the web radio only?

    Thanks!

    Kompu Kid, Aug 19, 2007

  2. Kompu Kid

    M Guest

    You could try this instead

    http://www.screamer-radio.com/

    M, Aug 19, 2007

  3. Kompu Kid

    Kompu Kid Guest

    Neat program. Unfortunately it cannot connect to Live365 broadcasts.

    Deguza

    Kompu Kid, Aug 19, 2007
  4. Kompu Kid

    Mike Rivers Guest