    saw a previous post about a similar problem and tried the suggestions and
    wasn't successful there either. Now what!?! Thanks so much for your time and
    any sugesstions.

    Danelle, Jan 6, 2007

  2. Danelle

    Chris H. Guest

    The version you're using on the CD is probably old and isn't aware of XP SP2
    which it conflicts with since it XP SP2 has lots of networking updates. Are
    you connecting via Ethernet cable and want to administer the base station?
    If so, just open your browser and put 192.168.2.1 in the address line.
    That's the IP address of the base station itself. The username (unless you
    changed it) is "admin" - all lower case, no quotation marks - without a
    password. You can do everything there the pretty interface allowed you to
    do.

    If you really want the software, you can download it at the bottom link in
    this Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445

    If you're attempting to set up a wireless connection for the new computer,
    go into Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services and way down at the
    bottom enable (and set to Automatic) Wireless Zero Configuration. This will
    let Windows XP manage the connection in Network Connections.

    Chris H., Jan 6, 2007