    Any ideas?

    Thanx.

    RC

    rchrdcarlisle, Sep 13, 2006

  2. rchrdcarlisle

    Mike Easter Guest

    ? A 'pdf URL file'? What does that mean exactly?

    A url can be the http location of a .pdf file. When you browser access
    the .pdf file at the url and open it, one option is to print it or
    'from' it.

    Are you talking about trying to print some or all of the contents of a
    ..pdf file you are currently viewing, or are you talking about something
    else?

    Mike Easter, Sep 13, 2006

  3. Sorry for the confusion. I am trying to print out the contents of a
    pdf file. I tried in both IE and Firefox but got same error message
    "Unable to start print job".

    Here is what I am trying to print from:

    http://www.troweprice.com/gcFiles/pdf/shrhldrsrvcs.pdf?src=em_efulfill_service&littype=ESRV

    Thanx.

    RC

    rchrdcarlisle, Sep 13, 2006
  4. rchrdcarlisle

    Evan Platt Guest

    What operating system?

    What printer? If printing from a web browser, what web browser and
    what version? What if you save the PDF file, then open it in Adboe and
    then print?

    Evan Platt, Sep 13, 2006
  5. rchrdcarlisle

    Mike Easter Guest

    Can you see the pdf contents? That function/link you posted below is
    designed to let you edit the .pdf file with your browser/reader
    function, generally requiring javascript to be enabled.

    You should see a 'Shareholder Services Form' and you should be able to
    edit the form and print it. Then you could sign the form and mail it.
    I don't know if you can submit it online or not, I didn't try.
    http://www.troweprice.com/gcFiles/pdf/shrhldrsrvcs.pdf?src=em_efulfill_service&littype=ESRV

    That's not exactly the .pdf conditions I access.

    If I loosen up my security including javascript and cookies for the
    *.troweprice.com family of webpages, then I can get past redirectors to
    get to this page by careful navigating
    http://www.troweprice.com/common/indexHtml3/0,0,htmlid=11,00.html

    which has an item called "Shareholder Services Form" with a choice of
    request by mail or 'Download' - which if download is applied, then Adobe
    Reader's browser function goes into operation and you end up with an
    editable Adobe file/form as I described above.

    That edited/completed file can be printed. Usually they can't be saved
    without having access to Acrobat.

    When you begin to edit the file, you get an Adobe alert that sez:

    "Adobe reader does not save the date that you enter into form fields.
    When you've completed this form, you may be able to submit it for
    further processing or print it. To save the data that you enter into
    form fields, please complete the form using Adobe Acrobat 6 Pro or 6
    Standard instead of Adobe Reader."

    If you can't get anything to work, you could go to the link I posted
    above and request it by email.

    Mike Easter, Sep 13, 2006
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 13, 2006
  7. rchrdcarlisle

    Mike Easter Guest

    If that link doesn't show the access to the form properly, use this one:
    http://www.troweprice.com/NASU/nasuAcctFormsMut/0,3125,lnp=10073&cg=1430&htmlid=11,00.html
    or http://snipurl.com/wbuc
    which is item #7 in 'Mutual Fund Account Servicing Forms'

    Mike Easter, Sep 13, 2006
  8. rchrdcarlisle

    Old Gringo Guest

    From this end, it prints in both IE & Firefox using Adobe Reader 7.

    Old Gringo, Sep 13, 2006
  9. rchrdcarlisle

    Ian Jackson Guest

    You can even fill in the fields, and then save it by 'printing' to
    another PDF file (using FreePDF, etc).
    Ian.

    Ian Jackson, Sep 15, 2006
  10. rchrdcarlisle

    ProfGene Guest

    Somtimes you need to change the to a higher resolution to pring pdf
    files. Set the printer to the highest number of dpi's.

    ProfGene, Sep 16, 2006