    menu refuses to show until a window is closed.

    Why?

    (It's very annoying when you have three monitor setup)

    ss6nn1, Aug 19, 2006

  2. ss6nn1

    ss6nn1 Guest

    I forgot to mention, enough unused memory available, 1.1GB in fact.

    ss6nn1, Aug 19, 2006

  3. ss6nn1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Do I smell a troll?

    Toolman Tim, Aug 19, 2006
  4. ss6nn1

    ss6nn1 Guest

    Sorry not trolling, just had to mention enough memory left otherwise
    I'd be bombarded with "get more RAM" replies.

    ss6nn1, Aug 19, 2006
  5. ss6nn1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Aug 19, 2006
  6. ss6nn1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    That's what I was wondering too.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 19, 2006
  7. ss6nn1

    ss6nn1 Guest

    I do many things, webmastering, stocktrading and managing small online
    retail sites and hence I require many windows running and switch
    between a lot when I work, I'd rather not close some windows as I'll
    need them again in an hour hence they pile up.

    ss6nn1, Aug 19, 2006
  8. ss6nn1

    Margolotta Guest

    Top posting, TT? That's not like you...

    I was wondering what would possess any sane, rational-thinking, person to
    migrate *FROM* Firefox *TO* IE.

    Margolotta, Aug 19, 2006
  9. ss6nn1

    Martik Guest

    I frequently have 375 tabs open on 7 monitors in Opera

    Martik, Aug 19, 2006
  10. ss6nn1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Aug 19, 2006
  11. ss6nn1

    Tom Willett Guest

    Take your top-posting net-nanny comments and bottom-post them in your
    you-know-what.

    Tom Willett, Aug 19, 2006
  12. ss6nn1

    why? Guest

    How would I know?

    Then run 3 tabbed browsers , Mozilla, Opera or even install both of
    those twice to different folders.

    Oh right, here are a few guesses, www.google.com
    The amount of free memory could be important, but the 50 seems more like
    a limit, then again so would available resources or process threads to
    manage the tabs.

    www.google.com , there are some MSDN developrt IE7 blogs, try looking /
    asking there.

    Oh and the MS newsgropus, maybe http://groups.google.com

    Back to www.google.com, this took 6 seconds to type in a few keywords,
    search, open the page read a few lines and look for 'limit' and click
    on a link to the article.

    Let's see if you can find it yourself, here is a snippet from it.

    ======
    If you have a lot of applications open one thing you might notice is
    that Windows -- even XP -- will reach a point where no more windows can
    be opened. For me, IE hits this point after about 40-50 windows.
    Depending on what else you have running, you may be able to open more or
    less.

    Usually this is not a problem, but if you find yourself running into
    this limit
    ======

    At least you got something right, you asked me.

    Me

    why?, Aug 19, 2006
  13. ss6nn1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    It would seem to me the OP really needs some "organizational skills" more
    than more web browser windows/tabs open <g>

    BTW, how do those Rams look this year? Hawks lost their first pre-season
    game, and I doubt they'll do much better tomorrow night.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 19, 2006
  14. ss6nn1

    Don Varnau Guest

    Hi,
    From the "That might be useful someday" folder <G>...

    In this article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=184802
    In this section
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
    Manager\SubSystems\Windows
    The default data for this registry value will look something like the
    following (all on one line):

    SystemRoot%\system32\csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=\Windows
    SharedSection=1024,3072,512 Windows=On SubSystemType=Windows
    ServerDll=basesrv,1 ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3
    ServerDll=winsrv:ConServerDllInitialization,2 ProfileControl=Off
    MaxRequestThreads=16

    Changing 3072 to 4096 might allow you to open 80-90 windows.

    * You will be backing up (exporting) that key before you modify the value,
    right?

    Note: It can be difficult to get to the relevant data (3072) in the Edit
    String window. Use the right/left arrow keys to move the cursor.

    Hope this helps,
    Don
    [MS MVP- IE]

    Don Varnau, Aug 19, 2006
  15. ss6nn1

    ss6nn1 Guest

    The rest of that quote fixed the problem,
    http://blogs.msdn.com/tonyschr/archive/2005/05/25/421923.aspx

    Thanks.

    ss6nn1, Aug 19, 2006
  16. ss6nn1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Aug 20, 2006
  17. ss6nn1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Okay, they might have beat us last year, but it's hard /not/ to be a
    Steelers fan <grin>

    Toolman Tim, Aug 20, 2006
  18. Exactly how long did it take you to stop top poating again??

    How much abuse did you take before you finally *stopped* top posting???

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Aug 20, 2006
  19. Well I'll be a son of a gun! Boy have you got a file.

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM, Aug 20, 2006
  20. ss6nn1

    Plato Guest

    Contact the Author of the BETA program you are testing out for FREE for
    the SOLUTION.

    Plato, Aug 20, 2006