Unable to login to Yahoo mail using IE6

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by snakpak, Jun 8, 2004.

  1. snakpak

    snakpak Guest

    Recently I have had 4 PCs on my network that are not able to login
    into mail.yahoo.com. The error I recieve is "The page cannot be
    displayed". The strange thing is it only does this with certain user
    accounts. I have performed the following tasks to remedy the situation
    without any luck...

    -- deleted all temporary Internet files
    -- set temporary Internet files to 50MB storage
    -- deleted all cookies
    -- deleted all history
    -- changed my privacy settings to allow all cookies
    -- ran cw-shredder (with latest updates)
    -- ran ad-aware (with latest updates)
    -- ran spybot (with latest updates)
    -- ran hijack this (with latest updates)
    -- ran a registry cleaner
    -- updated IE to the latest version with all security patches
    -- verified that IE had been registered properly
    -- verified the pcs were virus free
    -- cleared dns cache
    -- verified host file and lmhost file
    -- cleared dns cache on local dns server
    -- set dns server to different server from ISP

    None of the above resolved the problem. I am getting very frustrated
    with this issue and am hoping someone out there has come accross this
    issue and resolved it in some way. All feedback is welcome.

    Thanks

    snakpak, Jun 8, 2004

  2. snakpak

    M.P Guest

    can u access other secure site (such as baniking sites); when you logon to
    mail.yahoo.com, and enter in your UID/PWD it turns into a secure site for 10
    seconds to verify you.....

    M.P, Jun 8, 2004

    reset.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 8, 2004
  4. snakpak

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Funny, it doesn't do that for me unless I pick "Secure site"

    Jim Berwick, Jun 8, 2004
  5. snakpak

    Jim Berwick Guest

    (snakpak) wrote in @posting.google.com:
    Is this going to mail.yahoo.com or once you are there you can not log in?
    If the former, what are the results of opening a command prompt and typing:
    telnet mail.yahoo.com 80
    ?

    If the latter, can you disable IE's "Show friendly HTTP error messages"
    feature and try it again?

    Jim Berwick, Jun 8, 2004