Unable to download large files with Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Chris de Bruin, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. Hi all!

    I recently installed firefox on my computer. All works fine except for a
    few little things.

    I tried downloading the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Act of War demos
    (approx. 600-700 MB) and both downloads just stopped somewhere near 600 MB.
    Last night I tried downloading the Mandrake Linux 10.1 DVD ISO (approx. 2
    GB) and this download stopped somewhere near 1 GB.

    It seems that large files don't want to be downloaded with firefox.
    Downloading these files with Internet Explorer gave no problem whatsoever.

    Downloading smaller files give no problem at all. I downloaded some
    Neverwinter Nights modules (aprrox. 75-150 MB) and they downloaded
    flawless.

    Has anybody else had this problem and maybe found a solution for it?

    System specs:
    MSI KT6 Delta (K7 mainboard)
    AMD Barton 3200+
    1 GB RAM (@400 MHz)
    2x 80 GB SATA (raid-0) (system c-drive - 81 GB free)
    1x 160 GB ATA133 (storage d-drive with download directory - 110 GB free)
    Windows XP Professional with SP2

    Thanks in advance!
    Chris

    Chris de Bruin, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Chris de Bruin

    mike555 Guest

    ==== I would recommend "Free Download Manager"
    ,www.freedownloadmanager.org/ it intergrates with Firefox and works
    very well ===========

    mike555, Apr 3, 2005

  3. Chris de Bruin

    Tony Raven Guest

    ??

    " In order to use FDM, you must have one of the following operating
    systems and browsers installed on your computer:

    * Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP
    * Internet Explorer 5.0 and above."

    ??

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Apr 3, 2005
  4. I noticed that too, but downloaded it anyway and all seems to work great
    with firefox. Downloads from firefox are automatically passed on to the
    downloadmanager.

    Thanx!

    Chris

    Chris de Bruin, Apr 3, 2005
  5. I haven't noticed a problem, but I usually use BitTorrrent for files that
    large.

    John Thompson, Apr 4, 2005