    ports opened in it by using "set nat entry del all" (and offcourse "write"),
    they just pop back. Or... not exactly the same ports, but I can't seem to
    get away all of the opened ports. Any suggestions?

    Incognito, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Incognito

    RobO Guest

    Hi,

    Do you mean that you want to clear all NAT translations taking place on
    the router?
    However you might find they come back again if any traffic is initiated
    inbound that has a NAT translation for it.

    But try :-
    //<
    clear ip nat translations *
    //>
    What sort of access-list do you have on the router???

    Rob

    RobO, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Incognito

    Incognito Guest

    I'm a novice on this area. But does programs like P2P, Messenger, Steam
    (from http://www.valvesoftware.com) and others open some ports?

    I did think that one only could open ports when logged onto the router using
    its password. I see the ports, which I was first concerned about, when using
    the command "show nat" in cbos.

    Incognito, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Incognito

    RobO Guest

    Hi,

    You will have to create access-lists to open ports on the router and
    use NAT/PAT.
    NAT wont do it all for you.

    If you can post your configuration here on the post and we can have a
    look for you.

    In respect of the programs that you mention it all depends on the
    configuration but yes ports for games you will have to open if you are
    going to be hosting one.

    Rob

    RobO, Mar 1, 2005