    & if I convert it anyway it only converts the video to the AVI. Any ideas?
    Old MOV files (that my digital camera made) work, but downloaded ones (movie
    trailers for example) get this problem.

    Daniel, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Daniel

    gangle Guest

    My guess is that the trailers are using a proprietary Quicktime
    audio codec that the MOV2AVI program is somehow unable
    to read, either by something unique to your system
    configuration, or by something not unique, such as ineptitude
    by the authors of MOV2AVI. It's a long shot, but uninstalling
    and then reinstalling the program might establish that link.

    gangle, Oct 15, 2003