Unable to boot. No monitor display. Keyboard lights flashing.....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gie, Feb 12, 2007.

  1. Gie

    Gie Guest

    I've been trying to sort out a problem with a PC. The PC was left on
    and then found with all the keyboard and pc lights flashing with no
    display on the monitor.

    This is what happens now:

    1. Plug in the power cable into the power supply unit and the pc turns
    on without me having to press the power button.
    2. The hdd and keyboard lights are flashing. I am getting no monitor
    display and there is no boot happening.
    3. the processor fan and power supply unit fans are working fine.
    4. I have to unplug the power cable for the PC to turn off.

    I think that the processor may have burnt out, but i don't want to buy
    another one if this might not be the problem.

    Has anyone got any other suggestions.

    Your advice will be much appreciated

    Kind Regards

    George

    Gie, Feb 12, 2007

  2. Gie

    Ben Myers Guest

    Open the case and see if there is a video card. If so, remove and reseat
    it. If this doesn't help, try a different monitor and cable.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Feb 12, 2007