    256kbps. But I have not been able to go even beyond 129kbps even with a
    download accelerator. I am using vista. Is there any configuration on vista
    that limits my speed?? How can I improve on my speed.

    Yaw Boach, May 31, 2007

  2. Too many variables there to be specific but the FIRST thing you should do is
    run a speed test...

    http://www.dslreports.com/tools

    I think you'll find your contract with the broadband company states that the
    speed is 'up to' which just about means they can get away with what they
    want and if you want faster, you pay more! Several solutions....

    Don't download at peak times
    Ensure the server you're downloading from isn't throttled
    Ensure no one else is using your connection
    Keep the cable from modem to PC as short as possible
    If wireless, ensure not too many walls (and distance) between PC and modem

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Jun 1, 2007