    standard stuff) but don't really notice any difference.
    Am i expecting too much?
    TIA.

    jonathansmith1962, Jun 9, 2004

  2. jonathansmith1962

    Dave Cobb Guest

    What hardware are you using it with?

    Dave Cobb, Jun 9, 2004

  3. jonathansmith1962

    Andrew Guest

    If you are expecting any response without stating anything specific
    about the card or camera, I would say so.

    Andrew, Jun 9, 2004
  4. jonathansmith1962

    bagal Guest

    In general transfer rates are dictated by the apparatus that the card is in.
    A card reader will probably give faster transfer rates than a camera will

    bagal

    ps - if the apparatus supports the faster transfer rates you should get
    close

    bagal, Jun 9, 2004
  5. jonathansmith1962

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Probably. The card may be very fast, but if your camera can't write
    faster, then you will see little change. You might try the card on a
    card reader (USB 2.0 or Firewire) and see if that shows it is faster.
    Most cameras can't take full advantage of the write speed of the latest
    cards.

    Ron Hunter, Jun 9, 2004
  6. Sorry, I didn't give specifics as it was kind of a "generalised"
    question.

    The camera is a Samsung Digimax V4, the card is a Lexar 32X with
    quoted write speeds of 5 Mb/s. The old SD card was a Sandisk with
    quoted write speeds of 1.2 Mb/s.

    A friend with a Minolta Dimage F100 similarly sees no discernable
    improvement.

    Thanks for the comments all.

    jonathansmith1962, Jun 10, 2004