    service here with very low caps..

    Like the Telescum flyer that was in the mail to day 30Gb + Phone Modem
    $95, when Telstra Clear is offering 40Gb + Phone Modem for $75

    William Brown, Jun 14, 2012

  2. William Brown

    Donchano Guest

    Crossposting WHY?
    Nym-shifting. WHY?
    Guess you didn't see the Telstra Clear fiasco on Fair Go last night.
    Their service is crap.

    Donchano, Jun 14, 2012

  3. But not for me..

    Frank Williams, Jun 14, 2012
  4. William Brown

    JohnO Guest

    Wakey wakey Woger. For $105 Telecom does $120Gb + phone (includes
    static IP). Another $20 raises it to 160Gb. That's about 80 HD movies
    a month.

    JohnO, Jun 14, 2012

  5. That is about 3 times the price that is charged in France.

    No its not cheap when I read that Data caps in the US have been gut back
    to 250GB...

    You should open your Eyes and see what is going in the rest of the
    world.

    Its well known that ISP charges here are the highest in the World.

    Frank Williams, Jun 14, 2012
    For about the same each month snap does 250 gig + phone

    Robin Halligan, Jun 14, 2012
  7. William Brown

    JohnO Guest

    But what about the price of fish in Denmark, Woger?
    Those countries don't have to suck *all* their data through a cable
    spanning the pacific ocean you silly old fool.
    No, that's something that you just made up, Woger. In Fiji, for
    example, $120gb/month costs approx NZ$100 and that does *not* include
    the phone line.

    JohnO, Jun 14, 2012
  8. William Brown

    JohnO Guest

    Yep. Data caps are going up as fast as LED tv prices are coming down.
    Woger is always several years behind the times.

    JohnO, Jun 14, 2012

  9. Go listen to the Radio article that I posted the Top OECD chap states
    that this Cable and the high charges are totally CRAP, its just massive
    profit taking.
    Go listen to the Radio article and say sorry, or may be get your head
    out of the sand.

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  10. William Brown

    Katipo Guest

    Exactly what are people doing online to need that much capacity anyway?

    I am a web developer, but I still don't use anything like the 40Gb my
    telecom account was doubled to (at no extra cost) recently.

    Katipo, Jun 15, 2012

  11. Go read no they are not, unless you pay some $1xx price for it, so take
    you head out of the sand and remove those blinkers and see what is
    happening in the rest of the world..

    We have the dearest and slowest Internet service in the world..

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  12. Guess you didn't see the Telstra Clear fiasco on Fair Go last night.
    Their service is crap.[/QUOTE]

    :)

    I asked actrix a while back when they were going to come up with a plan
    similar to telstra's. I got a delayed reply (a couple of days later IIRC -
    unusual for them) saying something like 'we offer service'. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jun 15, 2012
  13. William Brown

    JohnO Guest

    That article is several years out of date - just like you, Woger.

    JohnO, Jun 15, 2012
  14. William Brown

    JohnO Guest

    Multimedia - movies mainly, followed by music.

    JohnO, Jun 15, 2012
  15. William Brown

    Gordon Guest

    Let us readers of this of accept this.
    Now, that was about total piss poor service. As in get them connected and
    lets take their $. Who cares about anything else.

    Gordon, Jun 15, 2012
  16. William Brown

    Gordon Guest

    Like you namesake, Katipo, you need to try doing something else than honking
    for a mate.

    Anyhow, streaming of videos is coming on/out of you line/wallet. All you can
    eat for a $x per month.

    For myself trying out all the Linux distros could eat up 40Gb not problem at
    all. Then there are also the free torrents avaliable.

    Gordon, Jun 15, 2012