    Out side NZ its about useless.

    I think the Gov got conned, this was my thinking when it was mentioned
    in the first place..

    Frank Williams, Feb 3, 2014

  2. It was FREE..

    I can get 50Mb/s and some places up north I get 20Mb/s same as OZ but
    down to 2Mb/s to the UK.
    But don't they all go by the cable to OZ..

    I have a decent ISP and I don't want Telecom Phone lines in this house
    and have to again to pay Toll calls to Wellington.

    But it looks like what a friend has is Slingshot and has a Global Mode
    but its not to fast.

    So tell me who is this Fantastic ISP is or is there a web site that
    list all the Int speeds that thse ISP's have.?

    Frank Williams, Feb 3, 2014

  3. As usual EMB cant back up his so called stamens, List this ISP...

    Frank Williams, Feb 4, 2014
  4. Frank Williams

    Me Guest

    Voice to text after beer?

    EMB's comments about Telecom and the Southern Cross cable is
    interesting, but is this really an explanation?
    I get quite good speeds to the W Coast of US - yet to the UK, speeds are
    lousy, often 2Mb/s. Curiously (to me as I don't really understand this
    stuff) I'll get far better speeds (at least 2x) on the continent,
    despite longer latency compared with the UK.
    The Southern Cross Cable part of the trip seems to work fine.

    Me, Feb 4, 2014
  5. Frank Williams

    ~misfit~ Guest

    LOL! Settle Petal!

    That's what you get when you rely too heavilly on a spellchecker.
    --
    </Shaun>

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).

    ~misfit~, Feb 4, 2014
  6. Frank Williams

    Me Guest

    Me, Feb 5, 2014
  7. Frank Williams

    noydb Guest

    um ... EMB .. how long have you been a flower ?? Stamens indeed. :) :)

    noydb, Feb 5, 2014

  8. Yes I would end up paying Toll calls to Wellington Plus its not that
    cheap and a lower cap. and No global mode.

    Been there done that, would be the Last IPS I would even think of..

    Frank Williams, Feb 5, 2014

  9. Read about its on Slingshot, it hides your IP

    Frank Williams, Feb 5, 2014
  10. Frank Williams, Feb 11, 2014