    Question 2; could installing a PCI ATA controller fix both problems or only
    correct the loss of 2GB disk-space?
    Any advice is appreciated.

    Prinxce of Darkxness, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Prinxce of Darkxness

    ICee Guest

    DMA significantly increses data transfer speed.
    Installing a controller card would fix the DMA problem and give you the
    fastest transfer speeds (get an Ultra ATA 100 or 133 card). Your
    "missing" space is not missing. This is due to a difference in what
    disk drive manufacturers consider a MB to be and what it is in practice.
    For example, my 120 GB drive is 111 GB in actual use.

    ICee, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Thanx for your reply! I would have flashed the Bios if I was sure I had the
    right update, but these Pcchips mb's are too dark for me lol, and I filled
    in a support form on their website months ago and never got any answer.I'll
    go get me an ATA controller card. Much obliged ICee =]

    Prinxce of Darkxness, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Prinxce of Darkxness

    ICee Guest

    That's the best way to go, especially with that particular MB. Good
    luck, and you're welcome!

    ICee, Jan 6, 2004