Ulead DVD picture show 2 problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Simon McManus, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. Hi all,
    I've been reading the forum and haven´t seen any questions about
    this so here goes!

    I am using Ulead DVD PS2 to make a VCD of jpeg images. I've made 11
    slideshows with varying numbers of photos in each and added music to
    each slideshow aswell as the main menu. I've also added my own
    backgrounds.

    When I test the slideshows within Ulead DVD PS2 they work fine!

    The thing is when I record the CD, I try it and everything works fine
    on my DVD player (pioneer 525) apart from the display of the actual
    photos, which flicker and have horizontal lines on them when I view
    the slideshows. Everything else works perfectly.

    I checked the preferences and there is an option - anti-flicker
    filter- that is on by default. I removed it and did a VCD of 5 photos
    just for the test. It works great and the photos look fine.

    So, I redid the same VCD as before with the anti-flicker filter
    deactivated and I made a 624Mb VCD (lots of photos!).

    Yet again I had the same problem!!! - the photos flickering and
    horizontal lines over the top of the photos.

    Anyone have any ideas what this could be??? Could it be that I'm
    filling the disk too full? Although it's a 700Mb disc!

    Also what does it mean when it asks you if you want to store photos
    or/and sound on the VCD? Does it mean apart from the mPEG encoded
    video stream?

    thanks everyone,

    Simon McManus, Madrid, Spain.

    Simon McManus, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Simon McManus

    Irwell Guest

    Irwell, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Simon McManus

    HRosita Guest

    Hi, have you tried the Ulead web site?

    http://www.ulead.com/tech/dps/dps2faq.htm

    they have quite a list of FAQ's. Maybe one of them addresses your problem. They
    also have a user forum.

    Rosita

    HRosita, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Simon McManus

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Yes, the original images are also stored on the disc when this option is
    enabled. Just open the disc on your PC and look, you'll see a directory
    full of the images.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Simon McManus

    bruce Guest

    How much memory do you have?
    What operating system? (win 98, Winxp)
    Is there an option for aloting more memory to the program?
    Sounds to me like you are running out of memory.
    Also how much space do you have left on your hard drive.
    Do maintinance on hard drive. Scan disk and defrag.
    Keep uping the amount of pictures you use.
    You know that five will work. Now try 25.
    If that works, try 50, then 75,. Sometime smaller is better.
    Also try writting to disk instead of using cache.

    bruce, Dec 11, 2003
  6. Simon McManus

    J Guest

    I had similar experiences with Ulead, don't know the reason. Seems to
    also vary if you do VCD or SVCD. Try ProShow Gold, not perfect, but it
    does a lot better job and has more options.

    J, Dec 11, 2003
  7. Simon McManus

    Chicago Guest

    I had this problem too until I removed transitions from my slideshow.

    Chicago, Dec 14, 2003
  8. Simon McManus

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Did you download and install the patch released on 6-23-03, which among
    other things addresses issues related to a problem with flickering?
    http://www.ulead.com/tech/dps/dps_ftp.htm

    Ed Ruf, Jan 3, 2004