    Does anyone know if the current position with the Woolworths receivership is
    published anywhere online?
    Thanks

    T, Jan 3, 2009

  2. T clucked:
    Who wants to know?

    Odie Buckland, Jan 3, 2009

  3. T

    Pennywise Guest

    Google, Woolworths receivership uk - gets the first hit with:

    www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/48691-woolworths-uk-into-receivership.html
    or http://tinyurl.com/8dn2ld

    Too bad I used to get Malted milk balls (Maltese (sp) to you) there
    when I was very young.

    Fact is I used to buy my lab equipment there, Potassium Nitrate in the
    from the pharmacy.... these days I'd of been labeled a terrorist.

    Hate to see it go, and hope the above answered your question (if not
    it's a start).

    Pennywise, Jan 4, 2009
  4. T

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    Yes, I remember when I saw my first saltpeter fire. It had a *very*
    different use than for just gunpowder back then. Only ever knew one person
    who used it for that.

    chuckcar, Jan 4, 2009
  5. T

    Aardvark Guest

    Maltesers. Yum yum. Is there no equivalent on your side of the pond?
    Can't ever remember seeing a full-blown pharmacy in Woolie's, although
    when I was a kid I bought various chemicals from Boot's the Chemist.
    A hundred years of High Street trading here in the UK gone in almost the
    blink of an eye.

    Aardvark, Jan 4, 2009

  6. if its not making a profit then no use it being there. lets hope they build
    a load of new tesco's on the old sites

    [email protected], Jan 4, 2009
  7. T

    T Guest

    Wikinsons is very much like Woolworths used to be and always very busy. I
    wouldn't have taken much more than a trip to Wilkinsons to have seen how to
    put it right.

    T, Jan 4, 2009
  8. T

    Aardvark Guest

    It seems that Iceland (frozen food stores) might be taking over a fair
    number of their premises.

    Aardvark, Jan 4, 2009
  9. T

    OldMan Guest

  10. T

    Me Guest

    The closest US equivalent of Maltesers are called Whoppers,although
    Maltesers are better !!!

    Me, Jan 5, 2009
  11. T

    Aardvark Guest