    Winslow Guest

    Has anyone had experience of online rental in the UK and who is the
    cheapest?

    Winslow, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Winslow

    diesel Guest

    Lovefilm are the best I've found so far. £14.99 for their 3disc deal.

    You can save a quid by going elsewhere, but you'd regret it in my opinion.

    diesel

    diesel, Sep 20, 2004

  3. Winslow

    Alan Mann Guest

    Tesco have just announced a good deal.

    For a monthly payment of £13.95, you can have as many DVD's as you want
    (3 at a time), sent to you by post.

    When you have seen them you just return and the next three are sent out.

    You need to provide a list of at least 20 DVD's you want to see.

    There is no return date, so no overdue fees.

    You can learn more at:-

    www.tesco.com/dvdrental

    Alan Mann, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Winslow

    diesel Guest

    I tried Tesco (rebranded Video Island) and they sucked. Didn't get
    anything near the top of my list and the turnaround was pretty slow.

    I'd pay the extra quid and use Lovefilm.

    As an example I got Shawn of the Dead last Tuesday, and I only queued it
    up on the Saturday. Not bad considering it was a brand new release.

    Tried Blockbuster, Screenselect, Tesco, and Mailbox Movies but LF are
    the best so far.

    If anyone one wants to try lovefilm, just send me your email address to
    (shortened to UK) and I'll send you a
    referral email which will give you a free 4 week trial (normally you get
    just 2).

    diesel

    diesel, Sep 20, 2004