    that it could check for updates, which it duly did. It then failed to continue
    to load, no hangs the program just failed to load.

    Any suggestions.

    Jveryan, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Salut à toi *Jveryan*, tu nous disais ce samedi 08/01/2005 dans
    Launch FF in safe mode, uninstall your old extensions and install the
    new ones :/

    Michel Doucet, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Jveryan

    Tony Raven Guest

    Extensions and themes in upgrades is Firefox's biggest problem. Often
    the extensions you've come to know and love do not work in the new
    version and the only reliable way I have found to upgrade is to work
    through them one by one manually visiting the home webpage and
    reinstalling if a current version compatible one is available. One of
    the downsides of an open source community I guess

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Jveryan

    Tom Betz Guest

    Quoth (Jveryan) in @mb-m06.aol.com:
    I can think of two.

    1) Load Firefox and tell it not to check for extension updates. It
    will disable the incompatible extensions. Then go and update the
    extensions individually.

    2) Create a new profile and load the new version of Firefox using it.

    Then copy into the new profile things like bookmarks and such that
    you want to use.

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, Jan 8, 2005