    Straightened all my Slinkies, wrinkled all my Permanent
    Press, Ran up a tab on my JIB card, and peed in my
    bird fountain. Should I get a Mac?

    lee h, Oct 17, 2007

  2. lee h

    philo Guest

    I've been fooling around with Linux for maybe 7 years now
    and was not terrribly impressed with Ubuntu...
    I've got a machine setup with PCLinuxOS that works great.

    A while back someone gave me a MAC G3 with a dead HD and no CD to reload the
    OS...
    so I replaced the HD and loaded it with Ubuntu...
    have to admit that it did work Ok there

    philo, Oct 17, 2007

  3. lee h

    Steven Guest

    I've installed ubuntu on a VMWARE emulator to play around with it in that
    and I guess I haven't been all that impressed with it.

    also installed vista RC1 on VMWARE but from the moment I saw it even on
    there I knew I was going to hate it, I cant be bothered to steal the finial
    release of vista because its just junkware and I wouldn't want to waste my
    time downloading it then pissing about with reg files and patching dll's etc
    just to bypass the WGA/Activation crap.

    also on the ms topic what's with the sudden "make free IE7" to all users
    including illegal copies of windows, ms excuse is : bring all users unto a
    level of standards , if its anything like vista standards the net will grind
    to a halt within a week , but best guess is IE is loosening ground on the
    market and is now desperate to keep a strangle hold on users.

    finally MS has had a strangle hold on Pc users now for years , dictating
    what hardware we should buy and how software functions etc etc , after so
    much evolution and development we will not be contained or controlled in
    this manor anymore(life/users will find a way heh). users are choosing to go
    to other systems such as Linux etc which are less evolved for the home users
    and there is less compatibility for programs/games so in a sense its sort of
    knocking our evolution back years.

    Anyways that's all I can be bothered to rant about tonight , I think im off
    to bed

    Steve
    ps. and yes for smart asses im aware im posting using outlook express but at
    least im on XP :-D

    Steven, Oct 17, 2007
  4. You'd rather install ubuntu native and take the benefit from it's good
    hardware recognition, and let windows run in a vmware/virtualbox cage.
    You may run it up to 30 days but supposedly you'll be fed up long before it
    expires. Save the time for cracking, do something better.
    Ya know, IE7 together with XP cuts deep security breaches due to URI
    vulnerability? It is just the combination of XP/IE7 which is vulnerable, so
    far.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 17, 2007
  5. lee h

    Aardvark Guest

    Not by continually top-posting.

    Aardvark, Oct 17, 2007
  6. lee h

    Steven Guest

    I guess im lucky I haven't installed IE7 despite auto update hanging it in
    front of my face like a carrot , I ent biting ,mainly because when it popped
    up I assumed it was a MS trick to get in and mark your pc illegal and
    various other annoyances.but the other reason being IE7 has a crappy GUI
    design.

    Steve

    Steven, Oct 18, 2007
  7. lee h