    - all have administrative rights. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. This
    version of office works fine on an "XP" machine.

    Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?bGNpY2NhcjIyMg==?=, Apr 20, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bGNpY2NhcjIyMg==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    lciccar222:
    I haven't had this problem with Vista or Office 2007. On my systems
    UAC is never turned off but I may have installed Office 2007 as an
    administrator (I don't remember). To run the setup as an administrator,
    right click the setup.exe file then select "run as administrator". Have a
    great day.

    Dennis Pack, Apr 20, 2007

  3. I had done that already, too.

    =?Utf-8?B?bGNpY2NhcjIyMg==?=, Apr 20, 2007
  4. Uninstall Office, reboot, and try another installation. Something is wrong
    on the local machine. I have not seen any issues with Office 2007
    Enterprise Edition on any of my Vista machines, and two of them run Vista
    Ultimate x64.

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 20, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bGNpY2NhcjIyMg==?=

    John Elliott Guest

    Are you running as an admin or as a user?
    Did you install Office while using an Admin login?
    For vista, almost all software, including Office, has to be installed while
    logged on as an admin..

    Vista also enforces rules as to where user (read user login) data can be
    located.

    John Elliott, Apr 20, 2007
  6. If you install anything as a user you will be asked for an admin password.
    If you install anything as an admin user you will be asked for confirmation
    to continue. It really doesn't require running the installer as admin. I
    installed as an admin user. I don't think this is your issue.

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 20, 2007
  7. I have administrative rights so I was logged in as administrator. I also
    uninstalled, then installed Office 2003. That worked perfectly. I upgraded
    to 2007 and have the same problems. As soon as I turn off UAC, everything
    works properly

    =?Utf-8?B?bGNpY2NhcjIyMg==?=, Apr 20, 2007
  8. Have you asked in the Office newsgroups? I am running Office 2007 on two
    machines running Vista Ultimate x64 without issues.

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 20, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?bGNpY2NhcjIyMg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I am also running on Vista64 Ultimate with no problems. Could it be a
    version difference. I am using the Home and Student version.

    John Barnes, Apr 21, 2007
  10. I have never heard of that difference between editions.

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 21, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?bGNpY2NhcjIyMg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I haven't either, but it is a possibility.

    John Barnes, Apr 21, 2007