    has an operating cash balance of $73.7bn (£45.3bn).

    Apple's most recent financial results put its reserves at $76.4bn
    (£46.9bn).

    RichA, Jul 29, 2011

  2. RichA

    ray Guest

    The U.S. government also has a 14 trillion dollar DEBT. Hell, my net
    worth is much greater than the government's since it's is negative.

    ray, Jul 29, 2011

  3. RichA

    Mike Guest

    I bet Apple doesn't owe $ Trillions to China either? Steve Jobs is
    going to buy Canada and rename it iCanada.

    Mike

    Mike, Jul 29, 2011
  4. Or they'll re-issue Obama to be the first iPresident...

    Andrew Brydon, Jul 30, 2011
  5. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Whining about debts while ignoring assets is a fool's game.

    Ray Fischer, Jul 30, 2011
  6. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Yeah, but Apple doesn't own even a tiny fraction of the federal
    government's assets.

    Ray Fischer, Jul 30, 2011
  7. RichA

    ray Guest

    No, we don't owe the Chinese 150 trillion dollars (500k times 300 million
    population).

    ray, Jul 30, 2011
  8. RichA

    ray Guest

    As is viewing assets and ignoring debts.

    ray, Jul 30, 2011
  9. RichA

    ray Guest

    So, you're advocating selling them all?

    ray, Jul 31, 2011
  10. RichA

    John A. Guest

    And then there's the gold reserve. It's at, what, like $300+B at spot
    prices? (Of course dumping even part on the market would drive gold
    prices down.)

    John A., Jul 31, 2011
  11. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Try 7.5 Trillion and climbing.

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_reserve>

    PeterN, Jul 31, 2011
  12. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    You didn't answer the Duck's question.

    PeterN, Jul 31, 2011
  13. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Are you illiterate or trolling?

    Ray Fischer, Jul 31, 2011
  14. RichA

    John A. Guest

    Be fair, guys. The discussion was veering towards what to sell off to
    raise money, and he brought up another money-raising example.

    John A., Jul 31, 2011
  15. We have no economic disaster in the US.

    BBC:

    Apple now has more cash to spend than the United States government.

    Latest figures from the US Treasury Department show that the country

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Aug 1, 2011
  16. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On 2011-07-30 12:47:25 -0700, (Ray Fischer) said:
    :
    : >> BBC:
    : >>
    : >> Apple now has more cash to spend than the United States government.
    : >>
    : >> Latest figures from the US Treasury Department show that the country
    : >> has an operating cash balance of $73.7bn (£45.3bn).
    : >>
    : >> Apple's most recent financial results put its reserves at $76.4bn
    : >> (£46.9bn).
    : >
    : > Yeah, but Apple doesn't own even a tiny fraction of the federal
    : > government's assets.
    :
    : Just start with the 10 Nimitz Class carriers and you have Apple's
    : $76.4B covered. Add the aircraft for each and that figure is eclipsed.

    Maybe, but if you actually wanted to sell those carriers, you'd have to start
    moving that decimal point to the left.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Aug 5, 2011
  17. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    General Electric is among the world's very largest multinational
    conglomerates, and is highly diversified.

    Its enormous, global empire encompasses myriads of commercial and
    industrial applications (jet engines, diesel-electric locomotives,
    nuclear power plants, chemicals, government contracts, etc.)...and
    even, includes financial services.

    In other words, it thoroughly dwarfs Apple. Accordling to your
    warped "logic," GE should be able to buy planet earth, itself!

    John Turco, Aug 6, 2011