    c for f! "Cred clies crom Crance to Cinland on Cridays!"

    Also, Space Bar for any of the letters in bottom row of iPhone keyboard:

    "Bob liste s to Z Top a d an Hale ."

    thekmanrocks, Dec 19, 2013

  2. thekmanrocks

    thekmanrocks Guest

    Seriously, people!

    Or am I just paying too much attention to such mistakes? smh...

    thekmanrocks, Dec 20, 2013

  3. thekmanrocks

    Paul Guest

    Would a person owning a mobile, know how to get to this group ?

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 20, 2013
  4. thekmanrocks

    thekmanrocks Guest

    Paul wrote "
    Would a person owning a mobile, know how to get to this group ?

    Paul "

    You should have more confidence...

    ...in the abilities of others! :)

    I correspond here on mobile via Google Groups. Not bad cor someone who can't find the ketchup in the fridge even if it calls on their foot! :)

    thekmanrocks, Dec 20, 2013
  5. thekmanrocks

    Daniel47 Guest

    One wonders if those were deliberate or accidental!!

    Daniel

    Daniel47, Dec 20, 2013
  6. thekmanrocks

    thekmanrocks Guest

    Daniel wrote "- show quoted text -
    One wonders if those were deliberate or accidental!!

    Daniel "

    Don't even go there Daniel. If you want your chain jerked, leave this thread!

    Those are examples of what is happeing all the time on my iPod and iPhone. I don't make shit up - I'm not that kind of person.

    thekmanrocks, Dec 20, 2013
  7. thekmanrocks

    Daniel47 Guest

    "If you want your chain jerked, leave this thread!"

    As I don't want my chain jerked, I guess I'd better hang around in this
    thread, then! ;-)

    Daniel

    Daniel47, Dec 21, 2013
  8. thekmanrocks

    thekmanrocks Guest

    Daniel:

    So what letters do you consistently mistype on your mobile device?

    thekmanrocks, Dec 21, 2013
  9. thekmanrocks

    Daniel47 Guest

    Closest I'd come to typing on a mobile device would be a very, very
    occasional SMS!! And very, very short!

    Daniel

    Daniel47, Dec 22, 2013
  10. thekmanrocks

    thekmanrocks Guest

    This thread was meant to be serious!

    The only reason you don't see "Peter Crampton" in my posts is because I backspaced 4 friggin times until I hit the F instead of C! It takes me a minute to type a sentence in my iPhone with lots of Fs because of all the corrections I do. :)

    thekmanrocks, Dec 23, 2013
  11. thekmanrocks

    Daniel47 Guest

    What's the old sayings ... "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of
    cure!!" or "less haste, more speed" or, as I used to tell my students,
    "Do it once, do it well, and move on!!"

    Daniel

    Daniel47, Dec 23, 2013
  12. thekmanrocks

    Paul Guest

    Some of the early touch technologies, required
    spatial calibration. Because the sensor methods
    used, weren't that good. That shouldn't be a
    problem now.

    Does your phone have any kind of calibration
    for the screen input ?

    The other possibility, is whatever method is
    being used (capacitive, resistive or whatever),
    there's some damage to the surface of the device.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 23, 2013
  13. thekmanrocks

    thekmanrocks Guest

    Paul wrote "Does your phone have any kind of calibration
    for the screen input ?

    The other possibility, is whatever method is
    being used (capacitive, resistive or whatever),
    there's some damage to the surface of the device. "

    I had that same thought initially nearly two years ago - regarding calibration of my iPod touch and iPhone4. I googled "screen calibration" and "keyboard alignment" and got back nothing truly relevant.

    As far as damage goes, I've been hitting C for F out of the box with both devices. They are less than two years old and no damage or impact.

    Daniel: Not sure what you meant by that latest reply.

    thekmanrocks, Dec 23, 2013
  14. thekmanrocks

    Daniel47 Guest

    On 24/12/2013 2:59 AM, wrote:

    Kman, I meant take more care with what you do. If you want to type an
    "F", make sure you press the "F" key!

    Daniel

    Daniel47, Dec 24, 2013
  15. thekmanrocks

    thekmanrocks Guest

    Daniel wrote: "Kman, I meant take more care with what you do. If you want to type an F.."

    Ahh. You're one of those ABTU types! smh..

    Daniel: I KNOW what I was pressing to type an F. Don't insult my intelligence.

    Thank you.

    thekmanrocks, Dec 24, 2013
  16. thekmanrocks

    thekmanrocks Guest

    That's Always-Blame-The-User.

    thekmanrocks, Dec 25, 2013
  17. thekmanrocks

    Daniel47 Guest

    So are you then implying that your iphone 4 or iPad (whatever) is giving
    a "C" when you are certain that you pressed an "F"??

    If so, take it to an Apple store and get it checked out!

    Daniel

    Daniel47, Dec 25, 2013
  18. thekmanrocks

    thekmanrocks Guest

    Daniel wrote: "- show quoted text -
    So are you then implying that your iphone 4 or iPad (whatever) is giving
    a "C" when you are certain that you pressed an "F"??

    Daniel "

    YES!!!!!!!!!!

    And btw Merry Christmas or Happy Chanukah. I didn't mean to get mad at you it's just that my issue is frusterating(!)

    Yeah, from where I'm looking right now, it's almost like I have to tap almost where the R & T are to get a F.

    Same with XCVBN: Often I get a Space instead of one of those bottom-row letters. Combine the C-for-F with the bottom row issue and I get: "Da id Lee Roth sa g cor an Halen."!

    smdh!!!

    It's as if the CONTACTS for those rows are slightly NORTH of their visual reperesentations. Get me now? And the same happens to me on my wife's iPhone, mine, and my iPod Touch.

    thekmanrocks, Dec 25, 2013
  19. thekmanrocks

    Daniel47 Guest

    Yeap, got it, kman. And you know the worst of it?? We're all getting
    older, memories failing, so you're going to keep frustrating yourself
    (or, rather, your iDevice will keep frustrating you!!))

    The wonders of modern technology!! ... Not!!

    Seasons greetings to you and yours, too kman!

    Daniel

    Daniel47, Dec 26, 2013