Typical XP install.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kenny, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL WINDOWS XP, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO
    CONTINUE?

    Yes.

    ARE YOU REALLY SURE?

    Yes.

    ARE YOU REALLY REALLY SURE?

    *****yes!******

    OK, THEN. JUST SO YOU KNOW, WE'RE REQUIRED TO ASK YOU THAT NOW. IT'S ALL
    YOUR FAULT FOR BEING A PICKY CONSUMER AND SUPPORTING THAT WHOLE "ANTI-TRUST"
    NONSENSE. INGRATE.

    Just get on with it.

    ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL WINDOWS XP. FIRST WE NEED TO CHECK YOUR SYSTEM FOR
    COMPATIBILITY. THIS COULD TAKE SEVERAL DAYS.

    Groan.

    THE INSTALL PROGRAM HAS DETECTED SEVERAL POSSIBLE PROBLEMS AND WILL NOT LET
    YOU INSTALL XP.

    Problems? What problems?

    THE VIDEO CARD YOU ARE USING APPARENTLY DOES NOT WORK WITH THE MOTHERBOARD.

    But I'm using it at this very moment.

    THAT IS IRRELEVANT.

    But if the video card isn't working with the mother board then I can't very
    well see this warning message telling me that the video card wasn't...

    DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FOOL ME WITH LOGIC, I AM A MICROSOFT PRODUCT. LOGIC DOES
    NOT WORK ON ME. I HAVE ALSO FOUND THE FOLLOWING MINOR ERRORS: WINDOWS XP IS
    INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE FOLLOWING HARDWARE - MONITOR, KEYBOARD, MEMORY CHIPS,
    MOTHERBOARD BIOS, WEB CAM, SCANNER, SOUND CARD, USB CONTROLLER, CD/R DRIVE,
    MICROPHONE, AND FLIGHT STICK.

    All that?

    YES. AND THE HARD DRIVE IS RIGHT OUT TOO. WE DON'T LIKE THE MANUFACTURER.

    Well what *DOES* work?

    THE MOUSE.

    The mouse?

    YES. AND THE 5 1/4 DRIVE.

    I don't have a 5 1/4 drive.

    YES YOU DO.

    No I don't.

    WHAT'S THAT THEN?

    It's a 3 1/2 drive.

    NO IT ISN'T.

    Yes it is.

    YOU'RE NOT THAT SMART YOU KNOW.

    Look, can you just install XP on my system and I'll download the latest
    drivers for everything later? Please?

    WAIT, WHAT DO YOU MEAN *YOUR* SYSTEM?

    Well it is mine.

    NO IT ISN'T.

    It bloody well is.

    NUH-UH. YOU SIGNED THE AGREEMENT WHEN YOU OPENED THE BOX. OUR SYSTEM. IT'S
    OURS. AND YOU CAN ONLY DO 4 CHANGES BEFORE YOU HAVE TO PAY US MORE MONEY.

    But why?

    BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THE LICENSE WORKS, IDIOT. WE CAN'T VERY WELL HAVE PEOPLE
    PUTTING HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE ON THEIR SYSTEMS ALL HIGGLEDY PIGGLEDY, NOW
    COULD WE? YOU USERS WOULD MUCK EVERYTHING UP, AND THEN WHERE WOULD WE BE?
    I'LL TELL YOU WHERE, NOWHERE. THAT'S WHERE. I... HEY, WHAT IS THAT? WHAT ARE
    YOU DOING? IS THAT A DISK? WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT DISK? YOU'RE NOT
    PUTTING IT IN THE DRIVE ARE YOU? YOU ARE! WHAT'S ON THAT DISK? IS THAT DOS?
    YOU'RE INSTALLING DOS?? WHY WOULD YOU INSTALL DOS WHEN I AM INFINITELY MORE

    Kenny, Aug 19, 2005