    Jimchip Guest

    Gee, not 80 mph.
    LOL!

    Jimchip, Jul 23, 2003

  2. New york speed limit = 65mph.
    When you're on limited-access roadways, the only speed limit is the one
    that is reasonable and prudent.

    Alexander Rogge, Jul 23, 2003

  3. When you're on limited-access roadways, the only speed limit is the one
    http://www.americanautobahn.com/

    I don't obey the speed limit signs when there's no reason to. When I'm
    looking at a long trip, the difference between driving at the posted
    speed limit and driving at the maximum speed that is reasonable and
    prudent is considerable. There is no reason to do 120 km/h if you can
    safely do 200 km/h or more. I've been passed on the Western plains by
    vehicles doing more than 250 km/h - it never seemed to be a problem.
    Keep Right Except to Pass and stay alert, and everyone gets to where
    they're going safely and in a timely manner.

    Alexander Rogge, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Interesting website. I haver been on the Autobahn and I agree it is very
    Unfortunately, but hopefully that will change.
    I've noticed this problem on many U.S. highways, but you just have to
    drive as fast as the traffic conditions allow and plan for somebody to
    drift in front of you or to be a left lane blocker. But when you have
    the only vehicle within some 30 km of forward visibility in good weather
    on a flat and straight roadway, there's no reason to avoid higher speeds
    if your vehicle is capable of them. In fact, faster driving in the West
    is much safer when you consider the time factor. One problem is people
    who drive slowly and then get tired. Either there's no place to stop or
    they're trying to reach their destination without stopping to rest, and
    they continue on while growing progressively more tired, creating a
    potentially-dangerous situation mostly to themselves.

    Alexander Rogge, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Brian

    Russ Guest

    No one replied but yes, 4 days unless you are going to site see is a good
    trip
    600mile per day (If you can handle that.)
    Otherwise allow 5days.
    I've known people do it non stop and take naps in the car but it would be a
    killer trip.

    Russ, Jul 24, 2003