    figure longer time for doing the actual speed limit on the nose... im
    thinking this might be a trip with three overnight stays? Does this sound
    reasonable/normal?

    Brian, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Brian

    ilmc Guest

    Brian typed:
    I can do coast-to-coast in 4hours
    Smug grin
    UK national.

    ilmc, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Brian

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as ilmc continued:
    www.cis.dfn.de
    Do it, you know you want to...;-)

    slumpy, Jul 22, 2003
  4. Brian

    Michael Guest

    I don't know what's normal, and only the driver can decide what's
    reasonable.

    Yahoo's thingie figured the shortest distance at 65mph.

    With three overnight stays, 600 miles per day (leave Monday morning, arrive
    early Thursday evening) is 8.5 to 10 hours of "average" driving (between 60
    and 70mph) per day... and if you're the only one doing the driving...

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 22, 2003
  5. Brian

    ilmc Guest

    slumpy typed:
    Ahw, Gawd, what am I getting into? I'm just a minnow/stickleback.

    ilmc, Jul 22, 2003
  6. Brian

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Mcploppy © continued:
    I just loved the response time on diallup, soon as it's sent, it's
    available.
    But now...what can I say ?

    slumpy, Jul 22, 2003
  7. Brian

    Osprey Guest

    What are you using a bicycle!!! Coast to coast in the UK: 1hour 32 minutes
    in a car;-)

    Osprey

    Osprey, Jul 22, 2003
  8. Brian

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Or 15 minutes on a decent motorbike.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 22, 2003
  9. Brian

    Osprey Guest

    LOL, Tha was quick there;-) Problem is wahat is coast to coast in the UK?

    Me being a true Brit (Northerner) it's from the Irish sea to the German
    sea:-0

    Osprey

    Osprey, Jul 22, 2003
  10. Brian

    Brian H¹© Guest

    What about them 2 daft buggers that got pulled at about 150mph?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 22, 2003
  11. Brian

    Osprey Guest

    Heard about it, but how the hell did they get pulled?

    Osprey

    Osprey, Jul 22, 2003
  12. Brian

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Try http://mappoint.msn.com/ it's accurate to a few metres in the uk

    Mcploppy ©, Jul 22, 2003
  13. Brian

    Jimchip Guest

    4 days, 3 nights sounds about right...in the summer.

    'Christmas break' sounds like weather/road conditions that I wouldn't
    want to drive in for an extended period.

    Jimchip, Jul 22, 2003
  14. Brian

    Brian Guest

    thanks for all the posts everyone, though 85% were irrelevant.. my
    mistake... its in the USA, driving from east to west coast across the united
    states of america

    i didnt think about christmas travelers, er..

    Brian, Jul 23, 2003
  15. Brian

    Osprey Guest

    Bloody hell do you think all posters are yanks:-((((((

    Gods chosen few!

    Osprey

    Osprey, Jul 23, 2003
  16. Brian

    Jimchip Guest

    No, he probably just thought that when he said "A drive from NY to the
    west, to AZ and NV" that people would understand that *he* was talking
    about the US.

    Jimchip, Jul 23, 2003
  17. Brian

    Richard Guest

    As the experienced trucker that I am in all seasons, you'll most likely do
    the trip in 4 days.
    In the winter time, plan on a 4th overnight stop in case of bad weather or
    road shut downs.
    If you want to stay out of slow-ohio, take I-81 south to I-40 then cut
    across.
    It's only a few miles difference.
    Once you're in Oklahoma, be checking ahead for road closures.
    They will shut the interstate down if conditions are bad enough.

    In a truck, going to phoenix from central wisconsin is a little over 2000
    miles and it takes me 33 hours or so.
    So plan on it taking around 30 hours of actual driving time in good weather.

    Richard, Jul 23, 2003
  18. Brian

    Jimchip Guest

    <snicker>...One of your fellow truckers said:

    "I really hate to say this, but Bullis....you are an absolute idiot. I
    am in awe at your complete lack of comprehension ability, and your utter
    ignorance."

    [snip]
    Let's see, 2400mi/30hr = 80 mi/hr.

    Sure St00pid, I'm sure you are right, "experienced trucker" that you
    are.

    ---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
    http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/

    Jimchip, Jul 23, 2003
  19. Brian

    Richard Guest

    New york speed limit = 65mph.
    Pennsylvania speed lmit= 65mph.
    Ohio = 65mph for cars.
    Once you get across the mississippi river, speeds go up to 70 and 75 mph.
    Most cops don't even blink an eye at car drivers exceeding the limit.

    Richard, Jul 23, 2003
  20. Brian

    fkasner Guest

    No, Osprey, just the large majority of those who are on the usenet. BTW
    the term "bloody" while quite strong to you of British source falls on
    deaf ears in the USA. It sounds incredibly mild.
    FK

    fkasner, Jul 23, 2003