    in emails. It works in Word.
    Nothing I try works. It always used to work.

    Any ideas please?

    Geopelia, Feb 11, 2013

  2. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    Mentioned this before, but it always pays to mention what program (email
    client) and operating system you're using - but... we know you're using
    XP, Outlook Express :) Just as well huh. :)

    From memory, the *size* of displayed e-mails is inherited from IE (the
    zoom). This can make stuff *look* like it's bold.

    However, I *presume* you're talking about a *new* e-mail (you want to
    send an e-mail to someone). Check the settings per this pic - ie make
    sure the default Style is Normal. That's about all *I* can think of.

    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/duncanm4/Clipboard04.jpg

    Dave Doe, Feb 11, 2013

  3. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    The other thing that spring to mind, is "Stationery". I don't recomend
    you use it; it unecessarily increases the size of sent e-mails, and
    tends to look bloody horrible anyway. However if you do use it, it will
    override font settings (as it uses whatever it uses itself).

    If you use the Stationery "feature" - turn it off, and try like that.
    Hopefully, you'll never turn it back on again - and your e-mail
    recipients will love you for it as well :)

    Dave Doe, Feb 11, 2013
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you. I looked at the website but couldn't understand it.
    I think the computer man had better have a look at it.

    It's odd that Format font works on Word but not on emails. It will change
    the type and size but not Bold.

    Geopelia, Feb 12, 2013
  5. Thank you. I looked at the website but couldn't understand it.
    I think the computer man had better have a look at it.

    It's odd that Format font works on Word but not on emails. It will change
    the type and size but not Bold.[/QUOTE]

    An idle thought ... it might not be the font but how you are viewing the
    font ? Sometimes changing the size can appear to change soem other things
    like boldness ?

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 13, 2013
  6. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you. I don't think so, as it works on some things and not on others.
    I'm getting the computer man out for other things, so he can look at it.

    Geopelia, Feb 13, 2013