Tying up Port Login table entries with Port Table Entries in CISCO SNMP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by John Ramsden, Jul 24, 2004.

  1. John Ramsden

    John Ramsden Guest

    In a monitoring app I am writing I plan on using SNMP to obtain
    for each port on an MDS9000 CISCO switch the remote host WWN and
    remote port WWN, with the aim of producing a table as follows:

    Port Port Remote Remote
    No WWN Host WWN Port WWN
    1 a.b.c d.e.f g.h.i
    2 j.k.l - - <-- not connected
    3 m.n.o p.q.r s.t.u
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

    I _thought_ this information could be obtained by referring to
    a couple of tables in CISCO-FC-FE-MIB:

    * The Port table, which is .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.289.1.1.2, i.e.
    ciscoFcFeMIB.ciscoFcFeObjects.cffFcFeConfig.fcIfTable.
    and has a single index.

    * The Port Login Table, .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.289.1.1.5, i.e.
    ciscoFcFeMIB.ciscoFcFeObjects.cffFcFeConfig.fcIfFLoginTable,
    which has three indexes.

    The first table has an element for every port, and the second
    table has elements only for connected ports. But, contrary to
    what I initially expected, the index values don't match!

    (Both these indexes are called 'ifIndex'; but it seems this is
    just a generic name, i.e. index type.)

    So can anyone suggest a way of tying up each Port Login Table
    entry with the correct Port Table entry?

    Cheers

    John R Ramsden () <-- com not cam

    John Ramsden, Jul 24, 2004