    beautifully as does xp 64 with a wmi error message. annoying but it does
    not seem to be doing anything. newer bios are supposed to fix it.
    Thanks

    Matt Schneyer, Feb 9, 2006

  2. I think it's fairly unlikely that you'll have to do a full re-install, but
    by all means back everything up, just in case. Changing the BIOS on the mobo
    shouldn't cause an issue with being able to see your disks or changing how
    they are accessed, since you're using a 3rd party RAID controller. Changing
    the BIOS on the RAID controller? Potentially, I can see how it might cause
    an issue that required re-mirroring the drives.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 10, 2006

  3. Matt Schneyer

    Ward Taylor Guest

    Hi
    The reinstall requirement is only for those using a boot drive connected
    to the onboard sata raid controller, since you are using another
    controller, you should be fine. Just make sure that you write down all
    of your bios settings first and then follow their procedure for both
    updating the bios and clearing cmos afterward.
    Cheers

    Ward Taylor, Feb 10, 2006
  4. thanks for the response. need to locate a XP dos disk windows 98 does
    not work, will keep you posted as to my luck

    Matt Schneyer, Feb 10, 2006
  5. In the event, a repair install should fix precisely this issue, no???

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Only if the new RAID bios hasn't made the old configuration unreadable,
    requiring a rebuild of the array.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 10, 2006
  7. Oh, yes. I see!

    Thanks.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 10, 2006
  8. tried updating bios that went fine could still see raid controller could
    not boot into windows XP pro 32 but could into XP 64. reflashed bios all is
    back where it was thanks for the help but I will stay where I am. Updated
    bios did not correct what I thought they would so nothing lost but a couple
    of anxious hours trying to get back to ground zero. thanks for the input you
    all were correct Tyan bios did not work for me. Thanks again

    Matt Schneyer, Feb 10, 2006