    So, is this people "Uploading" or "Downloading" ?

    Sorry for dumb question.

    J.

    John, Nov 18, 2004

  2. John wrote:

    > MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    > reliability 255/255, txload 243/255, rxload 10/255
    >

    > So, is this people "Uploading" or "Downloading" ?

    TX & RX are always from the point of view of the router you're looking
    at, so assuming it's the one at your site they are uploading. TX is much
    higher than RX.

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Nov 18, 2004

  3. John

    Toby Guest

    "M.C. van den Bovenkamp" <> wrote in message
    > John wrote:
    >
    >> MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    >> reliability 255/255, txload 243/255, rxload 10/255
    >>

    >> So, is this people "Uploading" or "Downloading" ?

    > TX & RX are always from the point of view of the router you're looking at,
    > so assuming it's the one at your site they are uploading. TX is much
    > higher than RX.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Marco.

    It might just be me but although I believe the above to be correct it is
    slightly ambiguous.

    (RTR1)---------(RTR2)-------To the users

    The TX/RX are from the view from inside the router looking at the interface.
    If this is RTR2 interface pointing to RTR1 then the TX is from RTR2 to RTR1
    i.e. from the users.
    If this is the case then TX is greater than RX so the users would be
    Uploading

    Alternatively if this is RTR1 interface pointing to RTR2 then TX is from
    RTR1 to RTR2 i.e to the users
    If this is the case then TX is greater than RX so the users would be
    Downloading.

    Sorry for nit-picking no offence meant just wanted to clarify for the
    benefit of John.

    Regards

    Toby

    Toby, Nov 18, 2004