    If this is not easily possible, can it just discard incoming UDP datagrams?

    Thanks for any help!!

    Luc

    Nawak, Jan 7, 2004

  2. So this will transmit udp only? If not, how are you going to use tcp with a
    "TX only" port seeing as tcp is connection oriented?

    JR

    Johnny Routin, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Nawak

    Nawak Guest

    Yes this port will only transmit UDP broadcasts.
    I want to prevent the UDP responses from the equipment attached to the
    switch from attaining the main network...

    Nawak, Jan 7, 2004
  4. :Yes this port will only transmit UDP broadcasts.
    :I want to prevent the UDP responses from the equipment attached to the
    :switch from attaining the main network...

    Configure for full duplex, then cut the receive wire.

    But let's see... 2950? That supports per-port ACLs as I recall.
    If I am correct, then you should be able to put in an ACL that
    says deny ip any any on the received data. Then you just have
    to worry about the non-IP traffic (e.g., IPX.)

    Walter Roberson, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Nawak

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Why don't you just do it with an ACL on the router? If not, you may
    have to physically cut the wire and disable keepalives.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Nawak