    Both machines may be on and online all the time. Maybe some routing
    twiddling in 119?

    Any pointers?

    Donkey Hottie, Feb 26, 2012

  2. Donkey Hottie

    Moe Trin Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2012, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in
    Then 118 won't be used.
    You would need to be using a routing daemon (routed, gated, zebra) - far
    more work that you want. The alternative would be to create an app
    running on each computer that tests the route to some host on the
    WAN, and switches the default route if those hosts are no longer
    accessible. There is another problem if your LAN is running on a
    RFC1918 (private) address range, as the two routers are probably set
    to provide NAT (Masquerading in Linux-speak). The hosts on the WAN
    would see your hosts disappear when one router went down, and a host
    with a different IP would appear to them acting as if it were you.
    This would be confusing at best.
    Nope. Major work for you.

    Old guy

    Moe Trin, Feb 26, 2012

  3. 26.2.2012 6:04, Donkey Hottie kirjoitti:
    I think I found it.

    http://code.google.com/p/wanfailoverscript/

    Donkey Hottie, Feb 28, 2012