    least 30 icons that are normally used in Win xp. Waht type of
    malicious code is this? I got rid of them upon looding at them
    (deleted)

    Mr_Bill, May 3, 2004

  2. Mr_Bill

    Guest Guest

    I have no idea as I never open emails from people I don't
    know without at least previewing them with Magic Mail Monitor.

    And if I really, really wanted to open them, I wouldn't
    trust a single email anti virus scanner and certainly not
    AVG as that single scanner.

    But I was writing to see if you would like to buy my old
    Ford Sierra? It failed its MOT and the brakes don't work,
    but I figured it might just be the car for you..

    Guest, May 3, 2004

  3. Don't open up attachments unless you know who sent them to you and
    why....ever.

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, May 3, 2004

  4. Yikes!

    You are using Forte Agent v1.93 as your newsreader, your E-mail client
    has a virus scanner feature, and your E-mail messages are "filled with
    at least 30 icons that are normailly used in Win xp."

    What are your E-mail client and AV software could be relevant
    information.

    Hmmm. Could be Incredimail messages? You could turn off HTML in your E-
    mail client settings and disable scripting as well.

    If this is real, the first thing I'd do is make sure my AV was totally
    up to date. That going well, I'd make sure my AV Complete test settings
    were intact and correct. Then I'd do a complete scan and see what I see.

    But...

    If this is not real, I'd get a can of lighter fluid and spray down
    inside of my computer and then sterilize the inside of my beige box with
    lit matches and then hold my monitor under water in the bath tub until
    all the bubbles stop so I know that all the viruses have completely
    drownededead.

    Bucky Breeder, May 3, 2004
  5. Mr_Bill

    Mr_Bill Guest

    Bucky and anyone else who can help
    my email client is Netscape/Mozilla (stable edition-not beta)and what
    i did to check the email is saved it to c:\Downloads with new names i
    can recognize. Then I did a complete scan with AVG antivirus
    which i updated this morning. The results were no virus so I opened
    both the attachments in the file which gave me one document and a file
    for each attachment. I couldnt open the document and the files each
    had about thirty icons used in win xp.I deleted the whole mess but I
    dont really understand this. I assume it was malicious code but dont
    know that
    TIA

    Mr_Bill, May 4, 2004
  6. Mr_Bill

    Mr_Bill Guest

    Mr_Bill, May 4, 2004
  7. Mr_Bill

    Boomer Guest

  8. Mr_Bill

    ZachICU Guest

    Any chance we could get a screen shot of this? Should be interesting to see!

    Zach

    ZachICU, May 5, 2004
  9. Mr_Bill

    Boomer Guest

    Hi

    This is not a binary group. He could put a pic on a web page or upload
    to a group like alt.binaries.

    And could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)

    Boomer, May 5, 2004