    Is there anyone who can explain what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks for your time
    C.

    Guest, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Do you have a wireless cable/dsl router or a wireless access point? How
    do you normally connect to the Internet?

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I connect to the internet using a dsl (broadband) connection. Once again, not
    to simplify things too much but it just plugs into the back of my main
    computer. I think its a LAN Rhine II fast ethernet adapter. I think the big
    problem though, is that my two computers don't seem to be able to detect each
    other.
    Thanks again for your time.
    Cathal

    Guest, Nov 15, 2004
  4. If you'd like to work this through one-on-one, send me an email at
    and I will walk you through the steps.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Nov 16, 2004
  5. Guest

    Malke Guest

    It doesn't sound to me like you have a wireless cable/dsl router or a
    wireless access point. It sounds like you just have a dsl modem and
    your main computer is plugged into that directly. If this is your
    setup, you need to add the equipment I mentioned. Here is a link to
    network setup information by Linksys - you don't have to buy Linksys
    equipment, of course:

    http://www.linksys.com/edu/page4.asp

    After you've gone there, if you have more questions, please post back to
    this thread.

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 16, 2004