Two interfaces and two default gateways on the same class (CSS11150)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by giorgos1, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. giorgos1

    giorgos1 Guest

    Hello,

    I have one web server attached on a Catalyst and then with NAT it can
    be accessed from the Internet through the PIX. The default gateway of
    the web server is the PIX. Now, I want to connect the second network
    interface of the web server on the CSS and then again through the
    Catalyst and PIX it can be accessed from the Internet. What I have I
    done so far is to assign an IP address on the second interface which is
    on the same class with the first interface and as a gateway I assigned
    the CSS IP address, on the CSS the default gateway is the PIx. So far
    everything works as I wanted:
    - the web server can be accessed directly through the first network
    interface
    - it can also be accessed through the second network interface
    - I can also use the web service through the VIP on the CSS

    I have a concern if am I doing anything wrong with the second network
    interface that has an IP address on the same class with the first
    interface, and also is it correct to have two default gateways?

    giorgos1, Mar 4, 2005

  2. you need to use VIP on the CSS, and add the networks to the service.

    Martin Bilgrav, Mar 4, 2005

  3. oh and this VIP is the one you need to map towards internet ...

    Martin Bilgrav, Mar 4, 2005