Two Instances of Outlook or Outlook Express?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by James, Jul 8, 2006.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Is it possible to have two separate and distinct instances of either
    Outlook or Outlook Express running simultaneously?

    I have three different email accounts and for a number of reasons I
    don't want to set up either Outlook or Express with multiple email
    addresses. I do not want to use the filtering ability in Outlook or
    Express. In my case, I have set up a third email client using my
    third address.

    To clarify, I know that one instance of these two programs can run
    independently of the other. What I would like to do is have multiple
    instances of Outlook or Express, each with a separate and unique email
    address.

    Is that possible? Thanks.

    James

    James, Jul 8, 2006

  2. James

    7 Guest

    Install Open Source software Thunderbird or the mozilla suit which
    comes integrated with email for as many instances as you like for free
    in different directories without worries over licenses.
    http://www.mozilla.org

    7, Jul 8, 2006

  3. James

    Daave Guest

    Dunno about Outlook but there's a tool to use with OE:

    http://vb.mvps.org/samples/project.asp?id=multioe

    HTH.

    Daave, Jul 8, 2006
  4. James

    Jerry G. Guest

    OE cannot run in two instances. You must set up different email
    addresses, or make it operate under different identities.

    One solution is to use Mozella, or any of the open source email programs
    out there. This will give you the flexibility of having two instances of
    an email program on the screen. But, when two instances of the same
    email programs are opened, they will share the same data files,
    therefore, the program will have to have all the email addresses set up
    at the same time. a

    --

    Jerry G.

    Jerry G., Jul 8, 2006