    in her Windows user account to his. (He realizes he should have set up his
    I-Pod in his own Windows user login in the first place and wants to fix that
    mistake.)

    Toolman Tim, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Toolman Tim

    Mitch Guest

    Yes, iTunes is made to do just that, in the way that you are saying.
    There are settings within iTunes that allow the two computers to share
    playlists and listen to the music from the other machine, as that is
    very likely in this setting.
    No problem -- the only hiccup is that the iPod itself isn't supposed to
    be the transfer device. Move the music files over the network, all is
    good.

    Anecdotally, I normally use a laptop, and there is just too much to
    store it here. So all of my music is on a house desktop unit with lots
    of storage, and my laptop has a pointer (shortcut-style) to the whole
    library.
    Additionally, the other users on that desktop can read the library, but
    not delete from it, and their playlists don't affect mine.

    Mitch, Jan 10, 2006