    Is it possible and how to configure that?
    Both PC are W98 and IE/OE 6.

    TIA

    ZaMir, Jan 30, 2005

  2. ZaMir

    Ingeborg Guest

    At the secretary PC goto OE->Tools->Accounts. Export the emailaccount, and
    import it to your OE. Maybe you'll have to reenter the password.

    Ingeborg, Jan 30, 2005

  3. ZaMir

    Vanguard Guest

    If using a POP3 account, define the same e-mail account in your instance
    of OE (i.e., you and your secretary will hit the same POP3 mailbox).
    You should also need to configure both OE clients to leave messages on
    the server (advanced options for each e-mail account). Otherwise, when
    she polls for e-mails then they won't be there for you to look at and
    when you poll for e-mails then they won't be there for her to see. Then
    decide how many days the messages should remain on the server before
    getting deleted. Because both of you are sharing the same mailbox, you
    might find that only one of you can login at a time. Some ISPs allow
    only one connection per e-mail account since the premise is the one
    owner can only be in one place at a time (i.e., only one IP address is
    allowed to make a connection). That means you might get failures on
    mail polls when your secretary was polling the same mailbox. Or get an
    IMAP account to share instead of POP3; see
    http://snipurl.com/imap4_googledefine. You will still have to
    coordinate sharing the same account.

    You two can't get separate accounts? Since you posted using a Yahoo
    e-mail address, are you using Yahoo accounts at work? Can't buy another
    Yahoo account? You can use YahooPOPs for access to freebie Yahoo
    accounts.

    Note: Because you posted to usenet without munging your e-mail address,
    you now have opened yourself up to spambots that harvest e-mail
    addresses from usenet and you will receive more spam. Never post to
    usenet with your real e-mail address unless you believe you have a spam
    filter that eliminates it all (and none do). See
    http://www.google.com/search?q=+mung++"e-mail"+%2Baddress. For some
    NNTP servers, you don't even need to specify a valid syntaxed e-mail
    address but, I believe, individual.net does require it (but you can
    still munge it).

    Vanguard, Jan 30, 2005
  4. ZaMir

    ZaMir Guest

    Thank you very much for detailed and informative answer.
    Recently my department was networked and both PC was set just as you
    explain but mainly because mailbox was full very quickly and for other
    snags we decided to forward messages from her PC. This method is
    acceptable but I thought that possible there is better way.
    I am posting from home and at work I do not use Yahoo account.
    Regarding munging email address upon reading several relevant articles
    and trying to apply that (having in mind my modest level of knowledge
    and experience) between two alternatives I decided for second one i.e.
    Webmail account. Anyway, your were very helpful to clarify some
    possibilities.

    ZaMir, Jan 30, 2005