    still frames and it dies.

    Disk 1 played excellent.

    Refund time.

    Arcturus, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Arcturus

    Jay G Guest

    Considering this isn't a widespread problem, and considering
    most stores' return policy, I'd say it's exchange time.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Nov 22, 2003

  3. hmmmm... all this talk of bad discs has me nervous, I
    have friends coming by to grill and then settle in for
    TT on the big screen - bummer if the discs are bad.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Arcturus

    Rutgar Guest

    You have an extended DVD version of the New York World Trade Center?

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Arcturus

    12/10 Guest

    Ho ho ho

    12/10, Nov 22, 2003
  6. Arcturus

    Justin Guest

    you could always pre watch it

    Justin, Nov 22, 2003
  7. Arcturus

    Justin Guest

    it is called two towers

    Justin, Nov 22, 2003
  8. Arcturus

    DarkMatter Guest

    Did you not buy it when it first came out? Hell, there must be
    several releases of it by now.

    DarkMatter, Nov 23, 2003
  9. I am pleased to report that disc 1 and 2 played
    flawlessly, I really don't have any strong interest
    in discs 3 and 4 though will probably spin them at
    some point this week...

    .... the DTS 6.1 sound was a dream and the progressive
    scan picon my 73" tv wonderful, but I have to agree
    with all my viewing guests - it wasn't as good as the
    first one.

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Nov 23, 2003
  10. My disc two also had problems, at minute 43 and 1:12. Disc one played
    without a hitch, and I hardly ever have problems with discs with my DVD
    player.

    Charles C. Shyu, Nov 23, 2003
  11. Arcturus

    BubbCoop Guest

    what's Twin Towers?

    BubbCoop, Nov 23, 2003
  12. What, you both never read Tolkien's books nor do you know about the
    films based on those books? Do Hobbits and "Lord of the Rings" ring a
    bell?

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Nov 23, 2003
  13. Incidently, as a silly season comment, distirbutors were worried about
    marketing a film titled "Two Towers" in the aftermath of the Twin
    Towers 9/11 fall. Easy mistake.

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Nov 23, 2003
  14. Arcturus

    Rutgar Guest

    Not in my book (pun inteneded).

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Nov 23, 2003
  15. Arcturus

    Justin Guest

    That would be "Two Towers"

    Justin, Nov 23, 2003
  16. Arcturus

    Wade365 Guest

    << the DTS 6.1 sound was a dream and the progressive
    scan picon my 73" tv wonderful, >>

    Shoot, Darrel... with this sort of a set-up it sounds like you'd be a good
    friend to have!

    : )

    I love people with a refined appreciation for viewing...

    Wade365, Nov 23, 2003
  17. It is a nice system I've put together over time, nothing
    like 11 speakers and 650 watts of sub power too. :D

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Nov 23, 2003
  18. Arcturus

    Mr. Moody Guest

    Bet it's the same spot in both layers. Me three. Mine pixelated near the
    beginning of the disc and just after the credits started. No
    dirt/smudges/scratches visible. This is not a good trend. I bought the gift set
    from Amazon, I hate to have to return the whole thing to replace one disc.

    -Mr.Moody-Remove the don't like spam to mail
    The best DVDs ever created:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/r...ath=tg/listmania/list-browse/-/1DI9N74554UWW/

    Mr. Moody, Nov 24, 2003
  19. Arcturus

    BubbCoop Guest

    What, you both never read Tolkien's books nor do you know about the
    Sure, I read all of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, but I've never seen a
    book with Twin Towers on it that wasn't about the World Trade Center or 9/11.
    The closest thing I can think of would be Tolkien's Two Towers, which is
    completely different. I could say "two people" but that doesn't make that
    twins.

    BubbCoop, Nov 24, 2003
  20. Arcturus

    Smaug69 Guest

    Actually, we do. That's why he questioned the OP. The title is Lord of
    the Rings: The Two Towers.

    Smaug69

    Smaug69, Nov 24, 2003