  1. hi my name is doug and im posting today to ask if and how do I tweak my road
    runner connection to get the maximum speed I can get please let me know and
    email me at have a nice day!!!

    Douglas Thiesmeyer, May 31, 2005

  2. Douglas Thiesmeyer

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Good of you to post your email add.
    Enjoy the spam

    MrGrumpy, May 31, 2005

  3. No mail today. Except tomorrow or next week, when the usenet address
    harvesters have done their work and you drown in spam.
    Btw. keyword is "traffic shaping" or "QoS", you need to limit your download
    to about 80-90 percent of your bandwidth, otherwise the router queues get
    clogged and upload (response/acknowledge) packets get dropped which results
    in poor response times. A good tool is wondershaper (for linux that is :)).
    You may also find something about mtu and tcp window on google, plus some
    tools to set / mess / foobar your parameters ;-).

    Walter Mautner, May 31, 2005