    wit Tweak UI. I just reformatted my hard drive then downloaded the Windows
    updates. I think I went through this before but don't remember how to do it.
    TIA for you help. Robert.

    Robert Stirling, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Robert Stirling

    why? Guest

    You did d/l and install TweakUI again? If so (Win 2000 v1.33 version) is
    Control Panel / Tewak UI / Explorer tab.

    Me

    why?, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Sorry I guess I didn't explain properly. I am running Windows 98SE. I have
    Tweak UI downloaded. When I try to change the arrows nothing changes. I
    think has something to do with a dll. I have no Windows CD only restore
    disks. Thanks again.

    May The Wind Always Be At Your Back.

    Robert Stirling, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Robert Stirling

    why? Guest

    It's always a DLL :)
    There is the possibility of using regedit *at your own risk* do make the
    change.

    www.google.com
    Searched English pages for

    regedit shortcut arrows.
    Results 1 - 10 of about 692. Search took 0.15 seconds.

    also search for

    regedit shortcut arrows win98
    regedit shortcut arrows win 98

    http://www.geek.com/tipstrix/w98tgen.htm

    This looks good
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win98/t1015613618
    it has the arrows came back and won't go away question.

    The rest you can get yourself.
    Me

    why?, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Robert Stirling

    °Mike° Guest

    This is caused by a Microsoft critical update that replaces
    the 'shell32.dll' file. There is a bug in this new file that
    prevents shortcut icons from being changed. The only solution
    is to revert back to the original shell32.dll, but that would
    kind of negate the critical update.

    °Mike°, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Robert Stirling

    trout Guest

    If you want to *remove* these entirely, you could use TweakAll3:
    <http://www.codeforge.co.uk/mainframes.htm>
    (Select "Downloads" on the left menu, there.)
    Note: there may be a 'side-effect' of some double-entries on the
    right-click context menu.

    trout, Sep 20, 2003