    the option he has altered, it will save me a load of grief from him if there
    is an easy way roud this, hes constantly on the phone asking, any help is
    VERY appreciated

    Ðaz ©., Aug 31, 2003

  2. On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:39:35 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Ðaz ©. in message
    It's been a while, but IIRC, at the C:\ prompt, type "win.com" (without the
    quotes).

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2026

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Ðaz ©.

    Ðaz ©. Guest

    will this let windows load?
    : my dad is using tweak IU on win 98 se O/S he unchecked 'start GUI
    : automatically' on the boot tab and now his PC wont load windows, have
    tried
    : to get into it from safe mode but he just gets the flashing c prompt, no
    : safre mode option, how can I bypass to get into OS to alter tweak and
    reset
    : the option he has altered, it will save me a load of grief from him if
    there
    : is an easy way roud this, hes constantly on the phone asking, any help is
    : VERY appreciated
    :
    :

    Ðaz ©., Aug 31, 2003
  4. Howdy!

    Let it boot up normally, and at the C> prompt, type

    WIN

    and press ENTER.

    Problem solved.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 31, 2003
  5. Ðaz ©.

    Ðaz ©. Guest

    win in uppercase? cos wim.com as mentioned has worked as well, always handy
    to know though

    Ðaz ©., Aug 31, 2003
  6. Yeah, Wimdons. Great OS, use it all the time.

    Gary G. Taylor, Aug 31, 2003
  7. On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:07:47 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by Gary G. Taylor in message
    Isn't it "Wimbows"?

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 31, 2003
  8. Ðaz ©.

    Boomer.. Guest